The annual contest has been running since 2010 and has proved to be massively popular, with over 100,000 entries in 2016 across 10 categories.
The categories haven’t yet been revealed but Wattpad says stories can be in any genre imaginable. Further details will be provided later.
There is a limit of one award per story but you can submit as many stories as you like for consideration.
Here are some of the rules and requirements:
- Stories must have at least five chapters published since September 1, 2016 or be marked as “Complete” with all chapters having been published since September 1, 2016. This means, for example, that all stories with at least five parts written in 2017 can be entered.
- Stories can be any rating or genre.
- Stories must be your own intellectual property.
- Stories must be fully available on Wattpad (no excerpts).
- Stories must be tagged #Wattys2017.
You can get more details at Wattpad.