The Alliance of Independent Authors organises Indie Author Fringe and this new conference will feature 24 sessions running continuously over 24 hours on June 3. You don’t have to stay awake for 24 hours as you can watch any or all of the sessions later.
Each Indie Author Fringe conference focuses on one subject and this one will deal with the essential subject of Selling Your Book, looking at advertising and marketing tactics to boost sales.
The line-up is being finalised and it looks like being another great conference with a fantastic range of information on offer for self-published authors.
Some of the speakers include:
Rachel Amphlett: Is BookBub Still Worth It?
Bookbub has been regarded as the gold standard in marketing your book but it can be difficult to land a spot there.
Rachel Amphlett is the best-selling author of the Dan Taylor espionage novels and the new Detective Kay Hunter series, as well as standalone crime thrillers.
Originally from the UK and currently based in Brisbane, Australia, Rachel’s novels appeal to a worldwide audience, and have been compared with Robert Ludlum, Lee Child and Michael Crichton.
Paul Teague: InstaFreebie Leads Explosion: How To Add 100s Of Targeted Readers To Your Email List
In this one-hour presentation, author and digital marketer Paul Teague will show you how to add targeted, genre-specific readers to your email list using InstaFreebie at well under 2 cents per lead.
In the past three years Paul has self-published 17 books. He has written The Secret Bunker Trilogy and The Grid Trilogy (sci-fi/dystopian), the Don’t Tell Meg Trilogy and Dead of Night (psychologial thrillers), as well as How To Build Your Author Platform and six social media and web guides. He is also the host of the Self-Publishing Journeys weekly podcast and also runs the Self-Publishing Academy.
Ferol Vernon: Secrets of Successful Authors: Tactics used by Authors Earning over $5k per Month
In this session, you will discover:
- The top 5 things that differentiate successful authors
- Where to invest time and money (and where not to) during the publishing process
- How to effectively market your book
Ferol Vernon is the COO of Written Word Media. His focus is building killer technology for readers, authors, and publishers. Ferol holds an MBA from Duke but secretly believes himself to be a yet undiscovered sci-fi author.
Paula Wynne: 10 Book Marketing Steps To A Bestselling Book
Award-winning online entrepreneur and author Paula Wynne will show you how to build your reading list to sell books and get on to the Amazon paid bestseller charts. She created Book Hub which is a website giving authors a variety of list building activities.
Paula will cover:
- How to use paid adverts in your book marketing campaigns
- What free activities will build your mailing list
- How to connect with other authors in your genre to increase your list
- How to explode your mailing list and get readers to buy your book
- How to get reviews ~ both manually and automated
- How to use the reviews in your book marketing
- How to use Book Giveaways to get signed up readers
- How to cross-promote with other authors to sell your books
- What are Newsletter Swaps and how you can leverage genre authors to sell books
Ali Dewji: Stop Wasting Time and Money on Marketing That Doesn’t Work
Learn the impact that research and targeting has on your marketing plan, and where most authors go wrong
- Discover the vital components of an efficient author marketing plan, so selling books doesn’t take over your life
- Assess which marketing activities are most likely to attract your readers and convert them into loyal fans
- Avoid classic author marketing pitfalls that waste your time, energy and budget
Ali Dewji helps authors make sense of self-publishing and author marketing. He left a career in marketing and advertising to co-found I Am Self-Publishing with his sister, taking a personal approach to self-publishing and tailoring the process to the author and project.
You can find out more about the Indie Author Fringe conference at the Alliance of Independent Authors website.
The Indie Author Fringe is sponsored by Ingram Spark (gold sponsor) and BookBaby (silver sponsor).