Indie Author Fringe is a free online conference held three times a year for self-publishing authors, organised by the Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi). The events are held just after the three main international publishing fairs — London Book Fair, Book Expo in the US and the Frankfurt Book Fair.
The Fringe runs sessions over 24 hours from 9am (GMT) on March 19 and it’s all free. You don’t have to watch everything live as you can catch up with the recordings.
The opening Indie Author Fringe of the year is being backed by gold sponsor print and ebook distributor Ingram Spark, silver sponsor ebook distributor PublishDrive, and sponsor Prescient, which aims to represent creators in emerging technologies such as blockchain and machine learning.
The conference always has a brilliant line-up of speakers and this is just a small selection of the 2019 sessions:
- Automate Your Author Business to Increase Efficiency and Writing Productivity — Derek Murphy
How to focus your time and energy on the right book marketing tactics rather than ones that are doomed to fail.
- How to Grow Your Author Business: From Self-Publishing to Self-Publisher — Marina Aris
The founder of the Brooklyn Writers Press offers an overview of what it takes to start and successfully run your own indie publisher.
- What is Metadata? Use Keywords and Categories to Improve your Amazon Book Sales — Dave Chesson
The man who created KDP Rocket and Kindlepreneur shows how to choose the right keywords to get your book and how to select the right categories to improve sales.
- From 2k to 10k: A Case Study in Boosting Backlist Sales — Bryan Cohen
The CEO of Best Page Forward details the progress of his journey to take sales from $2,000 a month to $10,000 a month.
- Trusting the Creative Process: How to Write a Novel Without an Outline — Dean Wesley Smith
The author of almost 200 novels and hundreds of short stories across many genres is a huge proponent of writing without an outline and will explain how to write fast quality prose.
- Advanced Facebook Advertising and Marketing Strategies for Authors — Ricardo Fayet
One of the founders of Reedsy looks at the best ways for authors to use Facebook advertising.
- How to Self-Publish: Growth Mindset for Authors — Adam Croft
One of the most successful indie authors in the world, with over a million books sold, discusses why having the right growth mindset is essential for all self-published authors.
- How to Self-Publish the Creative Way — Orna Ross
Founder of the Alliance of Independent Authors and The Creativist Club shows how to boost your impact and your income with core publishing principles and why the key to long-term success is to do it the creative way.
You can check out the full schedule and register for the conference at the Self Publishing Advice website.