Amazon has finally added the ability to gift Kindle books in the UK, which could come in handy if you need to give someone a late festive present.
You can send or receive Kindle books as gifts even if you do not own an Amazon device. Recipients can read a Kindle book gift on a supported Amazon device or Kindle reading app.
Ebook gifting has been available for some time in the US Kindle store but it’s been a long while coming for the UK.
This is the process for gifting a book in the Kindle UK store:
- From the Kindle Store in your desktop browser, select the book you want to buy as a gift.
- On the right of the product detail page, click the Buy for others button.
- Enter the personal email address of your gift recipient. If you don’t know the email address for your recipient, you can select ‘Email the gift to me’ before placing your order. This allows you to forward the gift email or print and personally deliver it to your recipient. The gift recipient can enter the Gift Claim Code from the email after logging in to their Amazon account.
- Enter a delivery date and an optional gift message.
- Click ‘Place your order’ to finish your gift purchase using your Amazon 1-Click payment method.
You can redeliver a Kindle book gift you’ve bought by going to Your Digital Orders in Your Account. From the Order Summary page, click the Resend E-mail button.